Monday, April 15, 2013

ain't no cookin like momma's cookin

Y'all, I am at my momma's house in Alabama, and I have probably gained 37 pounds in the last 24 hours.

Homegirl can COOK!

Breakfast- homemade pancakes... Dinner- spaghetti and meatballs, and homemade garlic bread... Dessert- strawberry and Nutella pound cake panini with fresh whip cream.. I'm seriously in Heaven. I'm pretending I have no cholesterol issue until I go back home, because I firmly believe calories don't count on vacation (possibly why I'm in this mess to begin with?).


So, I highly recommend you try this phenomenal dessert. It was my first time trying Nutella, and let me tell you, I'm converted!!


Strawberry and Nutella Pound Cake Panini:

Strawberries
Nutella
Pound cake (try to get a good firm one)
Butter
Heavy whipping cream

Slice up the strawberries and pound cake. Slather some Nutella on the pound cake, lay some strawberries on top, and butter both sides of the pound cake. Grill it up just like you would a grill cheese, and top with whipped cream.

To make the whipped cream, put a bowl and the beaters in the freezer to get nice and cold. Once they're chilled, pour in some heavy whipping cream and start beating slowly, then speed up. Once the cream is stiff, add in some vanilla extract and sugar (just eyeball it) and beat that in.

This is seriously the easiest dessert, but sooo delish. Try it out, and let me know what you think!!!



1 comment:

  1. I've been eating nutella since we moved down here lolz XD I freaking love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete