Tuesday, April 30, 2013

drugstore diva

I'm a big fan of beauty and fashion blogs, which is kind of weird, considering I hardly ever stray from a product. I've been using the same stuff for years, because it works wonderfully for me. I'm not one to branch out when it comes to products I use on my body.

Bloggers like Kate are inspirational; she's always got great makeup and hair advice, but homegirl spends like $30 on a bottle of root lifter! I don't know about you, but us stay-at-home-mom-not-so-successful bloggers can't afford that bizness.

So, today I'm bringing you my favorite products, that can all be purchased at your local Walmart/Target/Harris Teeter, because honestly, who has time to go to Ulta, and who wants to spend $100 there? These are all products that you can grab during your grocery store run, and they all work fabulously, in my opinion.

For shampoo and conditioner, you can't beat Suave Keratin Infusion smoothing shampoo and conditioner. This stuff is the bomb. It leaves your hair shiny, smooth, and manageable, and it's less than $3 a bottle. WIN!







Bodycology products at Walmart and Target are great substitutes for Bath & Body Works products. Back in the day when I was a carefree single lady, $15 for a bottle of lotion didn't seem so steep. Now that I'm shelling out my entire life savings on formula, $3 lotion is more my style. The Bodycology bodywashes and lotions are very similar in scent and texture to that of the B&BW brands, but a third of the price. They also have a large selection of flavors as well.

 That's what I'm talking about.



I swear by Tresemme hairspray. It's a waterless formula, meaning it goes on dry. No stickiness, and a very buildable, flexible hold. I'm a huge fan.



St. Ives Apricot Scrub and Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer are the only products I'll ever use (except for Obagi... see below). The apricot scrub leaves you with baby soft skin, and the moisturizer has a tiny bit of medication in it to prevent breakouts. I've been using this combination for years, and love the results.

 



For all you ladies who love the Bare Minerals makeup, did you know that Walmart has a Physician's Formula brand that pretty much rocks your socks as well? My favorite thing about this line is that you can purchase a pack of "airbrush" powder, blush, and bronzer all in a set for about $20. Takes all the guesswork out of picking colors, and the finish is flawless (I'm wearing it in my photo over in the top right). I've gotten lots of compliments, and I highly recommend it!




Last, but not least, is my most expensive beauty product, like, ever. The only reason I own it is because it was a gift from my mother, but let me tell you, ladies, it's a miracle worker. Do you have freckles, dark spots, or acne scars that just won't go away? Then try the Obagi Skincare line. It's expensive and smells like ass, but boy does it work!! I've been using it for 10 weeks (you cannot use it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding!!) and there has been such a noticeable difference. I've had freckles my whole life, and after using this line of skincare products, they are practically gone. I have a smoother, more porcelain complexion, and I'm hooked!! When I run out, however, that may be all she wrote. The trial packs are $183!! But ladies, believe me. If you really want your skin to look better, try it. You will not regret it!!

And, in case you need further proof, my before and after!


Isn't that crazy? And the best thing about the product is you never even know it's working. It doesn't make your skin peel or turn it red (at least it didn't with me!). It does smell pretty funky and you do have to wear a sunscreen everyday to keep the spots from returning, but hey, shouldn't we be doing that anyway??



So there you have it. Some (mostly) inexpensive, drugstore beauty products that won't bust your budget but will still leave you looking phenomenal! Go, spend the money you saved on a sassy new something for yourself!!




No comments:

Post a Comment