Thursday, February 14, 2013

a blog is born

Welcome! I'm so glad you've stumbled onto my little slice of the internet. This is my first foray into blogging, although I've been reading blogs for about a year now, and contemplating starting my own for a few months.

At first, I was hesitant- who would want to read about my life?

But then I figured, what the hay. As a brand spanking new stay at home mom, my creative outlets are few and far between. Even if no one ever reads this blog, at least I will be occupying my mind!

Which brings us to me, your narrator. Haha but really, I'm the narrator of my own life, I suppose. So here we go! I have been happily married to M for a year and a half, but we have been together for almost 8 years.
One of the happiest days of my life.


 We just had our first little bundle of joy! Little D is 2 months old, and the most amazing thing I have ever laid my eyes on. I quit my job to stay home with him, and it has been a big adjustment! Let's just say, you don't get a whole lot of human interaction when your days are filled with bottles, changing diapers, singing songs in the most annoying high-pitched voice you can muster, with spit up on your clothes, in your hair, down your back.. you get the picture.
Completely worth it. Every single second.


 Following blogs has always made me feel like I have a group of friends, even if that's not necessarily true haha! We just moved to a new town a few months ago, and making friends has been...challenging, to say the least. So I am excited to join this community of amazing women! I've been on the outside looking in for quite a while, so I'm ready to fully immerse myself in the blogging world!

My biggest passion in life is reading. My parents taught me to read at a very young age, and I've been obsessed ever since. There's nothing quite like leaving your life behind, and entering a world filled with new places, people, magic, fantasy, and sometimes, a sexy love scene or two ;-)


I've always been told, write about what you know. And there's nothing that I know better than books! So, in addition to a smattering of random thoughts, my main focus in this blog will be to recommend and review books. I will read them, give you a short synopsis (no spoilers! I promise) and recommend some of my favorites.

So here we go!!! I hope you'll stick around! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment