Tuesday, February 19, 2013

sexy westerns

That title got your attention, right? Well, if you're hoping for a review of a sexy story set in the Wild Wild West, you will be disappointed today. 

When I was younger, my Grandpa used to read all the time. He would read paperbacks, like Louis L'Amour and Harlequin Romances; you know, the kind of book where you really don't want anyone to see the cover, because it is just that embarrassing.

The epitome of a "sexy western"


My younger brother, when he was 5 or 6 years old, took notice of these covers and starting asking my Grandpa all the time what he was reading. He would always give some kind of vague answer, until one day, my brother decided he knew exactly what they were. He dubbed them "sexy westerns", and it was so hilarious that it became a running joke in my family. Any book that is a tad embarrassing, something of a guilty pleasure, is to this day called a "sexy western".

So, I give you a few of my personal favorite sexy westerns, complete with cover art, so you can see exaaactly what I'm talking about!

The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison- Book #1 is Dead Witch Walking

The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost- Book #1 is Halfway to the Grave


The Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs- Book #1 is Moon Called

The Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong- Book #1 is Bitten



If you are looking for some quick, light reading, then these are great supernatural series to get started on! 

(You may just want to buy them on your e-reader.... no embarrassing cover art to worry about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment