Thursday, March 28, 2013

Liebster Award!

You guys, I am not having a good week. 

I have gotten way too much bad news, and it's gotten me a little down. So imagine my surprise and delight to find out that Allison over at Time Out has nominated me for the Liebster Award! I'm so excited!



The Liebster Award is basically a fun way to discover new blogs. For the award, you give 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were given by your nominator, and then ask your nominees 11 questions!

ABOUT ME

1. I was born in Germany (army brat). My birth certificate is in German, which is always fun when I have to go to the DMV.

2. I am constantly thinking about the most efficient way to do things. It's seriously a crazy train of thought in my head... "Okay, if I take the butter and milk out of the fridge at the same time, then boil the pasta, that will be the most efficient way and I'll only have to open the fridge once", or "If I go to Wal-mart, then the bank, then the library, then swing back around to Target, I'll never have to double back and it will be the quickest". Sometimes I think it's a little excessive, but seriously, I have like ten extra minutes at the end of the day because of this habit. Ha.

3.  I've worn contacts since I was 6 years old. I am blind as a bat. My biggest fear is I will be in an epic plane crash onto a deserted island, Castaway style, and my glasses will be broken and I will lose my contacts and I will be eaten by a lion immediately because I can't see.

4. I exaggerate. A lot. Like, a million times a day.

5. I get really excited about checking the mail. Or my e-mail. It always ends in disappointment.

6. I have an unhealthy obsession with stripes, navy, and all things nautical. 

7. Diet Coke is my arch nemesis. I can't have it in the house, or I will drink an entire 2-liter in, like, an hour. (That is not an exaggeration)

8. My family is completely spread out all over the country- my parents in Montana, my brother in Alabama, my grandparents, aunts and uncles in Kentucky, my in-laws in Virginia, and my husband and I in North Carolina. Sometimes it can be a real drag.

9. My number one goal in life is to learn how to sail. And own a sailboat. I'll probably hate it, as I've heard it's a ridiculous amount of work, but I want it (whiny voice).

10. I am blissfully married, with an amazing son and my ideal life, but I am still angry at my high school boyfriend for being such a jackass, and wish I could punch him in the face just one time. It'd make me feel so much better, and bring closure to the horrendous years that were high school. 

11. I have a slight obsession with all things monogrammed. Maybe it's the southern girl in me, but if it's got my initials on it, I'm going to have it.  

And here are my answers to Allison's questions for me!

1. How do you find inspiration for your blog?

Honestly, I just sit down at the computer each morning and hope something falls out of my head.

2. What is your favorite movie of all time? (You can seriously only pick one!)

Moulin Rouge... if you haven't seen it, do so. Immediately.

3. What are your current addictions?

Toms, skinny jeans, blue gatorade and baby shoes

4. Why did you start blogging?

As a new stay at home mom, my creative outlets were few and far between. Blogging gives me a forum to use my creativity, share my thoughts and feelings, and connect with a community.

5. What are somethings that you absolutely love about yourself?

I am an epic small-talker. There are no awkward silences when I'm around.

6. What would you do with a million dollars?

Sailboat. Beach House. Charity. Pay off bills.

7. What is your biggest fear?

Plane crash. See above. Or possibly being buried alive. Eesh.

8. What is your favorite memory from your childhood?

A random day where my whole family was home, it was sunny and warm, and we were all outside. I was riding around in my Barbie Jeep, my brother was about 2 years old in the passenger seat, and my mom and dad were sitting on lawn chairs, just chatting. It was such a relaxing, perfect moment. 

9. Would you rather vacation on a beach somewhere or in a log cabin deep in the mountains?

Ooh that's a toughie. I'd say I'd rather vacation at a log cabin in the mountains, because I want to live my life at the beach :)

10. Have you ever moved away from home? If so, how far away?

Ohhhh yes. Multiple times, multiple places. I don't even really have a home, per say. The old saying, "Home is where the heart is?" Totally true. Home is wherever my boys are.

11. What is your favorite material item that you own?

My "D" initial necklace from Tiffany that my husband gave me the day our son was born.




And my questions for my nominees, which are....

Nadine from Back East Blonde

and

Lacey from Sunny + Turquoise

Both of these ladies are super fun, and they have great blogs! Check them out!!

So ladies, tell us...

1. What is your favorite place in the world?

2. Pick one outfit you will wear everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?

3. If I hit play on your iPod or the CD player in your car right now, what would be playing?

4. What is the last book you read?

5. Dogs or Cats?

6. Would you rather party all night or relax all day?

7. What is your favorite meal?

8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?

9. Snow or sand?

10. What was your absolute favorite toy or item from childhood?

11. If you could pick the actress who would play you in the film adaption of your life, who would it be?



This was super fun, thanks for nominating me, Allison!!



I'm pretty excited, because tomorrow we are heading up to Virginia to spend Easter weekend with the in-laws! Baby D is getting to meet his cousins for the first time, and see his grandparents for the first time since he was 2 days old!! I'm really looking forward to getting away and spending some time with the family :) 

But, alas, it means you will not be hearing from me until we get back on Monday!! Try to last the weekend without me. I know you can do it :)


1 comment:

  1. This was so much fun to read! I am obsessed with toms as well, and moulin rouge is awesome! Have a good Easter weekend, and enjoy that time with your family!

    ReplyDelete